Chickpea Flatbread, so easy!
This Chickpea Flatbread is one of my favorite bread replacers that I have found,
and it is so diverse! Plus I am proud of the fact that my Hubby and I are total Bean Machines!
This can be made savory or sweet; used as a dipper, bottom, side, or alone. Since it is made from beans,
it’s high in protein and Gluten-free by default and super filling.
1) Mix well equal parts chickpea flour to water, a little salt and olive oil and whichever herbs or spices
will best fit your sweet or savory flatbread and allow to set at least 30 minutes before cooking.
I normally use 2 cups water, 2cups Chickpea flour, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp cumin powder, 2 tsp Olive Oil and yields 2-3 flatbreads.
2) Pre-heat 232C/450F
3) Pre-heat iron skillet, pour oil in pan; enough to easily cover bottom
4) Pour some batter into pan, about ¼ in or ½ cm thick (can be thinner or thicker then adjust cooking time)
5) Place under broiler 5-8 mins
You will see blister and puff up, brown edges and splotches when it’s ready
6) Take out and eat while warm or toast to re-heat
I normally make one like this, then use the 2nd half of batter for savory pancakes on one of the days soon after;
either as an afternoon thing or a morning thing. For pancakes I cook on stove top, instead of in the oven.
I hope you try and love this chickpea flatbread!!
-Chandra Lee Krohn
Personal Trainer and Vitality Coach